Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I came to know Dilip as an impressionable 10 yr old lad through my brother Manoj. I've always been amazed by Dilip's commitment to his ideals. He has always consistently practiced what he preached, from taking public transport to work, to even refusing sophisticated medical treatment on account that the average Joe wouldn't be able to acquire let alone afford such care and wondering what made him o special to get it.

I am even more impressed by the fact that he has quietly accomplished so much without any fuss from TNSF, etc to quietly influencing the scores of iit janta that have had the privilege of coming into contact with him. We often speak of how humble people can be. He was the very embodiment of humility and selflessness.

I hope that everyone he has influenced in his life, try and cultivate some of his virtues of simplicity and selflessness in our own lives and I hope that TNSF and other social justice movements he was active in continue to flourish for decades to come.

vinod saranathan

No comments:

Post a Comment